Miki Ando Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan forum for Miki Ando fans all over the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

World Figure Skating Championships 2011

Go down 
+7
obriens13
tusjka
MikiAndoFan#1
SmileFan
Bill508
Miki The Ice Siren
sorcerer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sorcerer

sorcerer

World Figure Skating Championships 2011 Empty
PostSubject: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Well this is to place the subject into the Competitions folder.

The answer to Miki the Ice Siren that was in the Links folder,
is in this URL: http://www.worlds2011.jp/

Not much time till the start.
Miki will be in Novogorsk till the start of that week, I imagine....

Allez, Miki !! Arrow Exclamation cat alien

BTW thank you SmileFan for the recommendtion of the pianist.
According to Wiki he seems to have recorded the Grieg concerto with the grand-piano of the composer.
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 pm

And as Fan#1 has predicted(previewed) in his impressive montage,
Laura Lepisto seems to be now officially going to Tokyo to compete!

Hehe, you brought her into this, Fan#1. Be guilty for that, LOL !

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I finished my montage for Worlds 2011! Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gRvkG2iMPM
Please share your opinion!

This will be a tough work for the judges IF they all skate clean.
And I want them all to skate clean.
And I want Miki to win cleanly amongst such clean skates!!
But the most important, I really want Miki to be happy with her performance in Tokyo!!!
Back to top Go down
Miki The Ice Siren

Miki The Ice Siren

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Thank you for your reply dear sorcerer ^^

So as I can see on your link competition is from 23rd to 27th in march. Soon!!

Yes!! Allez Miki!!
cat cat
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 pm

This may not be a strictly skating matter, but as I read several boards here in Japan, Miki's fans seem to wish her to skate her LP in her present black dress at Worlds.
Some do point out that red should be a more lucky color for Miki.

What do you guys think?

You know, Miki wore a new blue and white dress similar to her Scheherazade one in the morning practice session prior to the LP at 4CC ... of course we all know she didn't wear this at the real comp; and this one nobody seem to go with this time.
Back to top Go down
Miki The Ice Siren

Miki The Ice Siren

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 am

sorcerer wrote:
This may not be a strictly skating matter, but as I read several boards here in Japan, Miki's fans seem to wish her to skate her LP in her present black dress at Worlds.
Some do point out that red should be a more lucky color for Miki.

What do you guys think?

You know, Miki wore a new blue and white dress similar to her Scheherazade one in the morning practice session prior to the LP at 4CC ... of course we all know she didn't wear this at the real comp; and this one nobody seem to go with this time.

White and blue are very positive colors but I do not think this is the best for this music. And Miki already uses a white dress for her SP... I think her black dress from 4CC is good, in my opinion she dont need to change the color.

But if you want to know the color symbolism and meaning look here
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Couleur

look the part "Symbolique des couleurs"
it's in French, but you can easily translate on google trauction!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 am

sorcerer wrote:
What do you guys think?

I don't know for sure. Black or Red? An interesting choice of colors, one highlights her strong features in stark contrast while the other is considered lucky and both would be complimentry to such a beautiful woman as Miki. Japanese girls/women have a great fashion sense which I saw first hand in Hawaii so Im sure Miki herself will make the right decision with maybe some thought or input from her Japanese fans.
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:04 pm

ISU information on Worlds is here:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011212.htm

In the Coloured Time Schedule we can see that the official practice starts on 20th !!

Hope Miki peaks at the right moment !! sunny
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm very late to know that Laura had to withdraw from Worlds due to a bad fall in her practice.

I feel terribly sorry for her.

I hope no one else gets injured before and while Worlds is on.
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 am

Laura? I couldn't find her name on the list but its sad to see a dream crushed. I stay so focused on the ladies of Team Japan that Im not up on alot of the other skaters except YuNa, Carolina and some of Team USA. Im praying that Team Japan stays safe and healthy so they (and we) can enjoy their coming victory at Worlds.
Back to top Go down
SmileFan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Worlds 2011 is postponed...
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110313&content_id=16930964&vkey=ice_pressrelease

Still praying for Japan!
Back to top Go down
https://mikiando.darkbb.com
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:46 pm

SmileFan wrote:
Worlds 2011 is postponed...
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110313&content_id=16930964&vkey=ice_pressrelease

Still praying for Japan!

Im not surprised in light of the news reports coming out of Japan. Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 am

I'm very sad that Worlds and WTT got both cancelled for now.

I hope they'll be rescheduled in Japan, which is not impossible at all, but maybe some other coutry will get it ... or the worst, cancelled altogether.

But Miki gave us a comment via IMG-Japan site:
https://www.imgjapan.com/news/?page=news_detail&nws_code=402

My translation isn't perfect. Miki's original version has more class to it.

"I'd like to express my condolence and sympathy to all the victims of this earthquake/tsunami. I feel really close to this Tohoku region, since the people of Hanamaki in Iwate prefecture gave us such warm hospitality when we had our traing camp there last season, to which I am very grateful.
"I know that it's even beyond my whole imagination how the situations are for the people affected by this crisis, and I pray that all of them will resume their ordinary life as qiuckly as possible.
"I will follow the forthcoming decisions of the organizers of the skating competitions, and am determined to keep practicing what I have been working on this season. I think that the best thing I can do now is to prepare my best to be able to show performances that can encourage the victims, however little encouragement it may be."
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:03 pm

sorcerer wrote:
My translation isn't perfect. Miki's original version has more class to it.

"I'd like to express my condolence and sympathy to all the victims of this earthquake/tsunami. I feel really close to this Tohoku region, since the people of Hanamaki in Iwate prefecture gave us such warm hospitality when we had our traing camp there last season, to which I am very grateful.
"I know that it's even beyond my whole imagination how the situations are for the people affected by this crisis, and I pray that all of them will resume their ordinary life as qiuckly as possible.
"I will follow the forthcoming decisions of the organizers of the skating competitions, and am determined to keep practicing what I have been working on this season. I think that the best thing I can do now is to prepare my best to be able to show performances that can encourage the victims, however little encouragement it may be."

Miki is such a sweetheart. I love you
Back to top Go down
Miki The Ice Siren

Miki The Ice Siren

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:34 am

Several countries have offered to host the World Championships as this is not possible in Japan.

http://www.universalsports.com/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=524717.html

Back to top Go down
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:56 am

[/quote]

Miki is such a sweetheart. I love you[/quote]

Yes she is Fan#1 and then some. As Miki prays for Japan we pray for her to stay safe and strong.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Moscow will host Worlds. Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
tusjka

tusjka

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 pm

World Championships will be held in Moscow April,25 - May,1
Back to top Go down
http://mikiando.forum24.ru/
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Moscow it is peeps!! It'll be fun watching Miki, Mao and Kanako on the podium in Russia (Yu Na not withstanding) and an inspiration to the Japanese people as they recover from the recent tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Miki The Ice Siren

Miki The Ice Siren

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:26 am

Good new! I think Miki always make her training at Moscow, its good for her Smile

Bill508 wrote:
Moscow it is peeps!! It'll be fun watching Miki, Mao and Kanako on the podium in Russia (Yu Na not withstanding) and an inspiration to the Japanese people as they recover from the recent tragedy.

Bill I know you're loyal to the Japanese team and with the recent events Japanese skaters will surely eager to get a result but I cant imagine Yuna Kim not on the podium. After all, she holds all records for scores. And as she fell twice in the last world championship she will probably want to come back strong...

Anyways go miki!! pirat
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:24 pm

IMG Japan published once again comments of Miki and Mao on the news of Worlds being held in Moscow. Miki says that (excerpt) :

1. she thanks the people of the Russian Fed for realising the Worlds in such a short time;
2. she wishes to keep on practicing without disturbing her mindset towards the competition;
3. she will prepare for the Worlds, building on what she has been working for this season, so that she will be able to show her best performance that she can;
4. she is encouraged by the positiveness and the smiles of everyone;
5. she is filled with her wish to spend each and every precious day till the coming Worlds with great care.
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:30 am

"I cant imagine Yuna Kim not on the podium." It can happen Ice Siren but your reasoning is sound. YuNa is a force to be reckoned with for sure but so is Team Japan. Thanks Sorcerer for an insight into Miki's thoughts on the eve of Worlds. The news from Japan just gets worse what with the nuclear plant leaking thing going on. Hope the Japanese forum members and Team Japan stay safe.
Back to top Go down
obriens13

PostSubject: Miki's Preformance   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 am

I was most impressed with her SP, I thought it was absolutely magnificent. Not Seeing Yu Na's preformance I am not sure what the outcome will be. I understand Yu Na has a new program, but it is my belief that Miki is probably the only skater that can beat Yu Na this year at worlds Cool .
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 am

Hello obriens13!!

I agree with you.
My wish is that whether Miki wins or not, I want her to renew her personal best scores.
In other words I want her to show the ultimate performance possible squeezed out from this season's programs! cat alien
Back to top Go down
Miki The Ice Siren

Miki The Ice Siren

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:45 am

"I cant imagine Yuna Kim not on the podium." => "It can happen Ice Siren but your reasoning is sound"

Yes it can happen of course. I want to see both Miki and Yuna on the podium. I think Yuna and Miki are both very gracious but in a different direction. I would say that the grace of Yuna is based on her sex appeal and Miki's grace on her emotions. It is my impression. I agree Miki can beat Yuna. For me they are two sylphid.

Hello obriens13! Welcome to this forum Smile
It is true that Miki's SP is beautiful. The music of this program is used in a movie if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this and give me the name of the movie? please Smile
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Image ads of Japanese skaters appeared today in the cars of Toyoko-line, a commuter train in Tokyo.
I think it's Fuji-TV's promotion.

Now someone took a photo of the one with Miki on it (in the train), and uploaded on twicpic.
http://twitpic.com/4lff83

The caption phrase reads:
Approaches the moment when she will be the strongest and most beautiful in "the History of Miki".

Someone more poetic translation please ... because the original Japanese is quite artistic in phrasing, just as artistic as the photo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   World Figure Skating Championships 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2011
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next