A fan forum for Miki Ando fans all over the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

World Figure Skating Championships 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:10 am

This is fantastic!! A beautiful portrait/picture of Miki on the trains to brighten everyones day and remind them of Japan's national treasure. "The strongest and most beautiful"...Yes, thats our Miki. Hopefully soon, at Worlds, another chapter in Gold will be written in "the history of Miki". Thanks Sorcerer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Okay Bill and everyone here's one more foya:

youtube.com/watch?v=RNkiRCvSV7M
(Add http://www. ... in front)

Five types of very short promotion Fuji-TV clips added together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Those short clips were dynamite. Looked like some new Team Japan members in that group...future stars all, not sure. Then Miki, Mao & Kanako: my three favs. It doesn't get any better then that peeps. Japan's national treasures all. That icenews2013 is a cool channel on You Tube. Hey Sorcerer, keep bringing us all the Miki news from Japan. Thanks & stay safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Excuse me for being so frequent.

youtube.com/watch?v=wX0_ZbJcaws
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm

sorcerer wrote:
Excuse me for being so frequent.

youtube.com/watch?v=wX0_ZbJcaws

Violet = such beauty and grace on ice. Miki skating takes my breath away. Frequent? Your not frequent enough Sorcerer. We want more Miki news, vids etc especially from Japan. We hear almost nothing about any of her off ice activities here in the USA. I wish I could contribute more to the forum. It appears Miki is getting younger and even more beautiful (if thats possible) as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Thank you for those clips, sorcerer! cheers This webpage was posted on Facebook. It has lots of streams for the World Championships. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello, everyone. Smile

Okami, the admin of Mao Fan Forum here. I actually registered here a long time ago, but promptly forgot my password. (^^)' I got lucky and guessed it today. Like a Star @ heaven

Miki The Ice Siren wrote:

It is true that Miki's SP is beautiful. The music of this program is used in a movie if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this and give me the name of the movie? please Smile

I agree - it's a lovely program. The music is called "Garbriel's Oboe" and it was used in movie "The Mission". It's composed by Ennio Morricone, who's one of my favourite composers.

I hope Miki does well at Worlds. I'm really impressed by her continuous improvement as a skater and an artist. Smile The rule changes introduced this season are mostly beneficial to her. Many people are saying that for Miki the key to scoring well and winning here is the triple-triple, but actually I think that a 3-3 is not a problem. Miki is fairly consistent with those, and with the new rules even a "<" combo coult still score pretty well. I think 3F is more of a problem - including a 3Lz-3L would mean that Miki no longer would be able to do a solo 3L in the SP, and would be forced to replace either 3L or 3T in her LP with 3F. That could be a problem - I think that improving the consistency of 3F means more falls in the practice for Miki, and more falls = higher chance of re-newing the shoulder/back injury. Sad
Well, enough of my CoP-babble. geek Best of luck to Miki! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 pm

We're very happy to have you here, Okami! I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:28 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
We're very happy to have you here, Okami! I love you

Thank you so much, MikiAndoFan#1! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 am

Miki and Kanako on Fuji-TV "Sporto", in a clip named "The secret why Japan is strong at figure skating". Nothing secret revealed though, LOL.

youtube.com/watch?v=A_HZoEXoXTw

Questioned "Describe the beauty of figure skating", Miki answeres "It's (physically) tough but it's something artistic. The beauty is where these two blend."

Okami, we're expecting Mao version to come on Fuji!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks for the video, sorcerer! Very Happy Here's the results page. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:54 pm

sorcerer wrote:
"Describe the beauty of figure skating", Miki answeres "It's (physically) tough but it's something artistic. The beauty is where these two blend."

Miki is way to modest as she IS the beauty: tough, strong & artistic. Cool vid of Miki & Kanako (Mini Mao). Just needed Mao in it and we'd have the 3 greatest lady skaters in the world in one vid. Anyway I'll be checking Fan#1s results. I don't think its on TV here in the US which sucks and I don't want Univeral Sports pay on the computer thing. I'll watch it on You Tube for free Smile. We could be on the eve of Miki's greatest victory. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmileFan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 am

I'm sorry I haven't been on here for so long...

So excited that Worlds are starting! I really hope Miki does well. I'm sure she will make us proud. When Japanese people see Team Japan do their best, it will give them hope. I'm sure!

Thanks for all the information everyone. Welcome to the forum, Okami!

Okami wrote:

Miki The Ice Siren wrote:

It is true that Miki's SP is beautiful. The music of this program is used in a movie if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this and give me the name of the movie? please Smile

I agree - it's a lovely program. The music is called "Garbriel's Oboe" and it was used in movie "The Mission". It's composed by Ennio Morricone, who's one of my favourite composers.

I also love that program. When I watch it I almost forget that it's a competition program. So different from Mao's fierce and more intense tango. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what all the skaters have done since the last competition, especially with the extra time they've had.

I'll be back soon... So excited! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mikiando.darkbb.com
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:50 am

Practice vids:

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbvideo_Kto-nas-vivodit-v-mastera

youtube.com/watch?v=aPPjMGP-bZ8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 am

sorcerer wrote:
Practice vids:

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/spbvideo_Kto-nas-vivodit-v-mastera

youtube.com/watch?v=aPPjMGP-bZ8

I had a bit of trouble with the Russian vids BUT that You Tube vid is super cool Sorcerer. Miki looks great. All three Team Japan ladies featured in the vid and they look like they're ready for the task at hand. Fingers crossed for Miki & all of Team Japan. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:34 am

Thank you for the links, sorcerer! Miki looks very strong. I loved her 3S-3L combo. As I said in my previous post, it's 3F that's the most problemating jump for Miki right now, so doing 3S-3L and 3Lz would be excellent from the strategic point of view. (There will be always time to practice 3F again during the year that Miki plans to take off).

I loved Miki's smile after landing the 3-3! pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 am

Thank you for the videos, sorcerer! Very Happy Miki looks amazing! So do Mao and Yu-Na! I love you I'm so excited!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm

I made a gif showing Miki's 3S-3L:
http://i51.tinypic.com/29d3mf.gif
I would love it if Miki included it in her programs. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill508
Admin

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Okami wrote:
I made a gif showing Miki's 3S-3L:
http://i51.tinypic.com/29d3mf.gif
I would love it if Miki included it in her programs. Smile

Awesome! Very cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treeloving

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi

I'm just join here. I will root for Miki with all my heart in this world championship, and hopefully that I will have a chance to root for her again after this competition.

I'm so nervious for Miki, hope she will skate clean.

Is there any more training video of her, the clip of one 3s/l3 is not enough for Miki beautiful jump lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:16 am

Hello treeloving!

Miki skipped the Tuesday and the Wednesday morning practices, but she did join the Wednesday afternoon practice in which she again confirmed her 3S3Lo.

So she is likely to put it in one (or both?) of her programs ....

Thursday morning practice is about to start in a couple of hours so if Miki shows up we'll be watching in the news what she is up to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treeloving

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:54 am

Thank you so much, I hope we have a chance to see the clip soon. cheers

I'm really too excite for her this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DragonPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

WISHING MIKI BEST LUCK !!!!!!

GO MIKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:39 am

treeloving, there were no practice clips on TV, but the girls' interviews.
Miki said she wants to do her best to encourage the victims in her homeland.

But the news reports that she confessed she feels her body a bit numb at the moment so that she might not go for the 3-3.

Cheers Miki !!!
Show us you can overcome anything !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treeloving

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 am

sorcerer wrote:
treeloving, there were no practice clips on TV, but the girls' interviews.
Miki said she wants to do her best to encourage the victims in her homeland.

But the news reports that she confessed she feels her body a bit numb at the moment so that she might not go for the 3-3.

Cheers Miki !!!
Show us you can overcome anything !!

Thank you so much Sorcerer!

I'm a bit worry about Miki, but even if she doesn't go for 3-3 if she has a clean performance it is high likely that she will be on podium.

Go Miki you can do it, I saw you for the first time in 2004 and from there I'm so happy to join your journey for improvement not only in figure skating aspect, you has overcome so much and now it is the time to show them what you've got. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Figure Skating Championships 2011   

Back to top Go down

World Figure Skating Championships 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next