Miki Ando Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan forum for Miki Ando fans all over the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log in  

Miki's recent trivialities

Go down 
+8
poloska
Bill508
whisper
MikiAndoFan#1
DragonPhoenix
mint
SmileFan
sorcerer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SmileFan
Admin

Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 pm

Ooh! Exciting! I really liked all of her costumes this season, but I guess she has saved the very very best ones for the Olympics!

ETA: I actiually don't like her SP costume that much. I think it's a bit too "busy"..!
Back to top Go down
https://mikiando.darkbb.com
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm also very exciting! About her SP dress, I like it, but something similar to her dress she uses for her Requiem exhibition would be amazing!

cat
Back to top Go down
mallika

mallika

PostSubject: Miki's 'Requiem' for her dead father and for Sotaro...   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Do you know that Miki's SP 'Requiem' is not only for her dead father but also for a boy Sotaro Kakumu?

Sotaro was suffering from incurable intestinal disorder and needed multiple organ transplantation in US. Miki learned about the 8-year-old boy who's from her home town Nagoya and asked her fans to donate for his high medical cost on her blog. They started exchanging letters and Miki gave him her bronze medal at 2008 4CC.
Because of the fund-raising campaign, Sotaro could go to the US and have a transplant surgery though, unfortunately, he passed away in September 2008.

Here's a video of Sotaro and Miki aired on yesterday (not me posting)

1/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MHosh_M1jM&feature=channel

2/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhWSTu5dqrg&feature=channel

3/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey52oG-BfDg&feature=channel

4/4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFKfRb9iSc&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm

malika wrote:
Do you know that Miki's SP 'Requiem' is not only for her dead father but also for a boy Sotaro Kakumu?....Miki learned about the 8-year-old boy who's from her home town Nagoya and asked her fans to donate for his high medical cost on her blog. ...
Hi malika. Thank you for mentioning this.
Forgive me to add to your info, AFAIK Miki's Requiem is dedicated to her father, grandmother, Sotaro, and, according to Miki's recent interview, performed to pray for the eternal repose of all those we each loved and lost.
I learned recently that Nikolai lost his father too in a tragic way.

BTW the TV narrator said "blog" but it's not Miki's blog, I've heard it was a comment she posted on the blog by a member of "Saving Sotaro" group. She also did so on "Skaters' Lounge" but this exists no more...
Back to top Go down
SmileFan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank you Malika and Sorcerer! A really touching story. So sad, but like Miki, Sotaro gave me power and energy (can't find the right word, inspiration maybe?) with his strong will.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 pm

What a sad situation. It brought tears to my eyes.

Crying or Very sad

I'm going to repeat what I've said so many times: Miki is the most wonderful person I know.

I love you

Thank you for the information, malika and sorcerer, and for the videos, malika.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am

The other woman in the video, was she Sotaro's mother?
Back to top Go down
DragonPhoenix

DragonPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
What a sad situation. It brought tears to my eyes.

Crying or Very sad

I'm going to repeat what I've said so many times: Miki is the most wonderful person I know.

I love you

Thank you for the information, malika and sorcerer, and for the videos, malika.

Same feelings here.

Miki is amazingly heartfelt, and full of deep emotion.

That's one of the many reasons she is so lovely.
Back to top Go down
mallika

mallika

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 am

sorcerer wrote:
Forgive me to add to your info, AFAIK Miki's Requiem is dedicated to her father, grandmother, Sotaro, and, according to Miki's recent interview, performed to pray for the eternal repose of all those we each loved and lost.
I learned recently that Nikolai lost his father too in a tragic way.

BTW the TV narrator said "blog" but it's not Miki's blog, I've heard it was a comment she posted on the blog by a member of "Saving Sotaro" group. She also did so on "Skaters' Lounge" but this exists no more...

Thank you for adding the correct info, sorcerer I love you
We all can't fight against our loved ones' death and also ourselves. But the most unreasonable part about death is that it makes you stronger... Miki's dad, granny and Sotaro surely made her so.
I wanna see her Requiem (Ex version) at Olympic gala!!!!
Keep my fingers crossed Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
mallika

mallika

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Yes, she was.
She showed her son a monument 'Tree of Life' which is curved the names of organ donors on its leaves and taught him that the organ transplant was achieved at the sacrifice of someone's precious life.
I think she's a great mom.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 am

malika wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Yes, she was.
She showed her son a monument 'Tree of Life' which is curved the names of organ donors on its leaves and taught him that the organ transplant was achieved at the sacrifice of someone's precious life.
I think she's a great mom.

Yes, she's definately a great mother. It must've been so hard to lose a son in such a young age.
Back to top Go down
SmileFan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Dice's twitter:
R.I.P. Sotaro. I know how much he meant for Miki. Sotaro and Yuko was such lovely and strong people who fought through his life together.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:25 pm

SmileFan wrote:
Dice's twitter:
R.I.P. Sotaro. I know how much he meant for Miki. Sotaro and Yuko was such lovely and strong people who fought through his life together.

I'm still so sad about this story.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mallika

mallika

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
SmileFan wrote:
Dice's twitter:

I'm still so sad about this story.

Crying or Very sad

I believe that Sotaro is keeping an eye on Miki from the sky or the heaven Like a Star @ heaven
R.I.P. Sotaro...
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:05 am

malika wrote:
I believe that Sotaro is keeping an eye on Miki from the sky or the heaven Like a Star @ heaven
R.I.P. Sotaro...

Yes, he certainly is. R.I.P., Sotaro.

I love you
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
During Rostelecom Cup, I watched a video of Miki and Johnny. I think Miki was helping him with his costume for the gala.

Yay! I found photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yellowrotus/4171934818/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/yellowrotus/4171934832/in/photostream/

So adorable!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sorcerer

sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 am

Thank you Fan#1 !!

I envy Johnny, that's for sure !
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 am

sorcerer wrote:
Thank you Fan#1 !!

I envy Johnny, that's for sure !

You're welcome!

Razz

I know! They seem good friends!

I love you
Back to top Go down
DragonPhoenix

DragonPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 am

Yes, those photos are great !!

Thank you MikiAndoFan#1 !!

Smile
Back to top Go down
mallika

mallika

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:12 am

They two seem so sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!
Thanks for letting us know, MikiAndoFan#1.
Yep, surely you're #1 fan of her flower hehe Wink
Back to top Go down
SmileFan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Aaaw! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:20 pm

You're welcome, guys!

Very Happy

And malika, we're all Miki's number one fan, I just didn't have in mind a more creative username!

Razz
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Admin
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:26 am

New article with very, very interesting quotes from Nikolai: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20100214it.html!

Quote :
"They see her at practice and get concerned, like at the 2007 worlds."

Twisted Evil

Go Miki!

farao
Back to top Go down
DragonPhoenix

DragonPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 am

Thank you, and as you said, very interesting.

farao
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Admin
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:04 am

Jack Gallagher of JT always has excellent columns on the Japanese skaters. This is another one. Thanks for posting it. Miki for the gold!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki's recent trivialities   Miki's recent trivialities - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miki's recent trivialities
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next